At FRONTERRA, we continually strive to provide an evermore luxurious and transformative experience that truly allow guests to let go and reconnect with nature. It is important to remember that luxury camping (or glamping) is still a camping experience and not a rustic hotel and, as such, guests should be prepared for being outdoors. To ensure you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay, we recommend bringing a few key items:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather, including rain gear and extra layers/warm sleepwear for cooler evenings if you are arriving in the shoulder season.
- Spray or mosquito repellent and/or bug coils (citronella candles are good only for ambience, not bugs) as every dusk and dawn can bring mosquito “witching hour”.
- While we provide battery-powered lanterns to illuminate your tent and surrounding areas, we highly recommend bringing a handsfree headlamp or flashlight to ensure you can easily navigate your way around the camp after dark.
- Our oversized, extra plush room towels prefer to stay cozy and dry indoors so please pack a beach towel and chairs as North Beach Provincial Park with its Caribbean blue waters and double sandbar are not to be missed.
- Sunscreen and a hat are also essential as the sun can easily drain you of your vacation’s energy.
- Kitchen items such as oil, butter, paper towels/napkins, tin foil, condiments (sugar, salt, pepper, spices)
- Ground coffee (ground coarse for stove top percolator)
- Lastly, don’t forget to bring a sense of adventure and an open mind – you never know what kind of natural wonders and surprises you might encounter during your camping experience!